Monday, May 3, 2010

Dusty Rose Vintage: Back in Black

Here we 3 ladies are again...Back in Black.
Black from 3 different decades that is!
group

First up we've got Showgirl Godzilla looking straight out of the movie "Grease"--can't decide if she's more Rizzo or more Cha-Cha in this.  Its a toss-up.
nikka-car
She's Wearing: Vintage Dolce & Gabbana Bandage Dress (currently on reserve @ Dusty Rose Vintage)

Then there's Idee_Geniale in all her sweet '60s mod glory!
mel3
She's Wearing: 1960's Black and Gray Striped Cocktail Dress (currently for sale @ Dusty Rose Vintage)

And last, "but certainly not least".....ME!
I'm in full blown MAXI MODE w/this 1970's goodness!
nickie6
I'm Wearing: 1970's Black Maxi Evening Dress (for sale @ Dusty Rose Vintage)

nickie4

This dress is pure disco perfection!  If only my girls (by girls, I mean chest) were a bit smaller I might actually fit this dress alright.  And by alright, I mean I might need to purchase it for myself.  I've been wanting to get into the maxi dress mode for a while, and this is sultry, no?
nickie1

Sadly for me, my chest says-"NO WAY, unless you don't want to breathe".  So all you regular chested girls out there--scoop this up RIGHT NOW!  It's a jersey dream come true-I can already picture you flitting around to some ABBA... "Dancing Queen" anyone?
nickie5
Check out Dusty Rose Vintage's Blog for more pictures, outtakes, and seperate interviews of all 3 of us.
And as always, stop by their Etsy Shop to be simply amazed by the selection!

Oh, and I say that in all honesty.  Everytime we get together for a photoshoot I'm blown away 10x over--they have such a collection of vintage you just wouldn't even believe how much they have!  It's truly an honor to be able to do these photoshoots because really, its just a good lesson in some History of Costume (which I adore), and of course its fun to play dress-up.
I've got one more post left from our Prom photoshoots, then I'll start posting some of what we did this past Saturday--BEST PICS YET!

8 comments:

Alexandra Hoover said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous.

Lara said...

I love this maxi dress! I would totally wear it! The cross top is the best part and it looks super comfy

Dusty Rose Vintage said...

back in black... why didn't i think of that?!?! darling, you do have a way with pop culture phrases. love the boob pancake look! ;)

Alexandra Hoover said...

Well, funny story... OUR COUCH IS SCREAMING YOUR NAME! And seriously, it's the most comfortable couch ever. One time I slept on it just for fun. Thank god for Lisa Wanhainen for buying couch/chair sets that John Wanhainen doesn't want!

Nanx said...

These dresses are so beautiful! Lovely blog too

Emily Cato said...

Haha, trust me, I've noticed that guys are the BIGGEST whiners when it comes to photoshoots. They never want to do ANYTHING! The guy apologized for being a poopy pants after the photoshoot though, only because he liked the pictures. Next time I don't think he'll be whining as much! :)

Leproust Vintage said...

You girls look like you have so much fun on these shoots! Such gorgeous vintage dresses, and I love how the shoots always have a theme!!!

I too hate when my boobs refuse to fit in the cutest dresses. it is one of by biggest pet peeves!

Hannah said...

i adore maxi dresses in any season!