Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fave Rave-TWO FOR THE ROAD

Much inspiration and many memorable moments are found in movies.  I've probably never been more taken by fashion in a movie moreso than when I saw my beloved Audrey Hepburn movie.
While most would assume it's the regular choice, Breakfast at Tiffany's, let me just inform you now; YOU'RE CLOSE, BUT NOT QUITE.

Of course Breakfast at Tiffany's has many iconic fashion moments, but to think it's at the top of my list, is to not have seen my ultimate movie FAVE RAVE:

TWO FOR THE ROAD




starring:   Audrey Hepburn and Albert Finney
With costume design by: the one and only

PACO RABANNE!!!!!

Never before have I fallen in love with a movie for so many reasons:
-the storyline, classic
-the back and forth between past and present-awesome how it's shot and told
-the FASHIONS!!!










I warn you, my photo findings here do no justice to the eye candy and fashion frenzy in the actual movie.
It's Paco Rabanne doing what he's known for. I beg you.....SEE THIS MOVIE! See what I mean....you will not regret it, I promise!



And here, I present you my most favorite scene of the entire movie, it's at the end of the movie:
I could just DIE to OWN THIS DRESS! This image has never left my brain since the first time I saw the film. It's just simply stunning. I have no more words to describe it, or my feelings.

All I can say is this is by far, one of my top 5 all time FAVE RAVES!
Watch it this weekend, report back on your thoughts.

You can thank me later!

3 comments:

Indiana Adams said...

Good to know! This is one of the few Audrey movies I have not seen. I think it may even be on instant Netflix now. Much check it out!

Isquisofrenia said...

omg i love the outfits you know what i mostly love though is the hair and make up , im so jealous of this makeup era, i wish i could do my hair like hers!!

xo!

UnoCosa said...

gorgeous ... but i don't watch old movies - maybe take more pics for me, haha!!! hope your week is going well so far, xoxo