Sunday, July 5, 2009

Red, White, and Blue....America I Love YOU!

It was a Happy 4th of July, indeed!


Scary fireworks directly above me and my camera.  The hosts of the BBQ were not so smart with their firework safety.   It's possible I saw our lives flash before our eyes as these fire balls rained down into the crowd.
I opted to show my patriotism by going the all-American route in denim.
*Denim Romper-Forever 21
*Red vintage 1920s belt, worn as necklace-Gift from an old firecracker's mother
*Dolce and Gabbana wedge sandals-Beacon's Closet


And here, my stylish canadian buddy, Idee Geniale,  showed more patriotism than most Americans we passed on the street.
  Isn't she looking good in her Red, White and Blue?

More friends and their somewhat questionable style:
The BF and myself-he actually has a pretty awesome pair of jeans, we dubbed them the Girlfriend Jean because they would be a perfect pair of Boyfriend Jeans for myself, but he's wearing them so , yeah...you get the idea.

And I would suppose aviators are the shades of choice for the male set (as shown above and below)

Below is what 4th of July in NYC is all about: rooftops and fireworks.  Unfortuantely I am not convinced yesterday's celebrations were all that great...I've witnessed better.  But hey, what right do I have to complain?  
Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday and had a safe, yet explosive, good time!

4 comments:

Isquisofrenia said...

omg you guys are quite matching loves it
i love those fireworks!!!
those pictures look like fun!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Fiercely patriotic ensembles! Love your looks!

calivintage said...

you two are so damn cute!!!! looks like your 4th of july celebration was fun!

jane st. clair said...

OMG you two look adorably patriotic. i love it!
xoxo


baleenplates.blogspot.com