Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Daily Wear (and Tear)

Monday, October 12, '09
Monday Outfit,Trench Coat,Alberto Makali,Workday Outfit,Gray turtleneck,H&M,Black sweater,Rachel Roy,Gray leggings,Black boots,Anne Klein,Uniqlo After work, I went to the Halloween store near Union Square. I have to confess-I LOVE HALLOWEEN, and I really enjoy going to that store anytime of the year. However, I won't tell you what I bought because that will ruin the costume SURPRISE. I'll give you a hint-I've already got some mosaic chips from the craft store. Hmmmm........
Monday Outfit-pic 2
It's starting to get chilly, FINALLY! Not that it was every excruciatingly hot this summer, but I do enjoy Fall. And I enjoy my fall clothes so much more than spring/summer.
I even got to bust out one of those many coats I mentioned a few posts ago when I came to the realization that I have an over abundance of material items.
Photobucket
Wearing:
*Black/purple jacquard trench coat-Alberto Makali
*Black sweater dress-Rachel Roy
*Gray turtleneck-H&M
*Gray leggings-Uniqlo
*Black leather boots-Anne Klein
*Silver bow earrings-Betsey Johnson

Tuesday, October 13, '09
Old Navy,Tuesday Outfit,Workday Outfit,Black t-shirt,Target,Skinny Jeans,Uniqlo,Suede Boots,Carlos Santana boots
Thank goodness for birthday gift cards. Just as I've almost made it midway through the month, or midway through my self imposed "Wallet-Lockdown" (which consists of me buying NO new clothing or material objects using money of my own for the entire month of October. With a tiny exception to this rule known as HALLOWEEN). Yes, I took my gift cards and a previous store credit and high-tailed it to Sephora after work.
I bought a few of my Bare Minerals essential products for everyday use, including the SPF 15 MATTE powder foundation...very excited to try that out; I usually just go for their regular stuff, haven't tried the "MATTE". And I got myself some lipstain, a new black sparkly eyeliner, and because of my b-day month being October, I scored a trio of lipglosses as my little birthday treat courtesy of Sephora.
Oh, and I had a 10% off coupon for reaching the ranks of Beauty Style Insiders, or something like that.
I walked away with two gift cards still completely in tact--YES! I can go back soon and buy more goodies at no cost to me. Thanks friends for the lovely gift cards, you're the best!!!
Photobucket
Today I pulled out a printed corduroy blazer that I've had for a few years now. It's a bit ridiculous that I have yet to give this up. First of all, I scored it for super cheap on the pathetic Old Navy sale racks. Second of all, it doesn't have a lapel, which is usually not one of my go-to details when it comes to a blazer. And thirdly, it's OLD NAVY! So why am I so stuck on this? I only wear it 1-2x a year if that!
I don't know what it is, maybe it's the print, maybe it's just that it actually fits ok for being some mass-marketed item (which believe me with an ill-proportioned body as my own, finding bulk consumer goods that fit decently can sometimes be a feat).
Whatever the case, it's what I chose to wear for the day--I was fine this morning, not so much the case after work, it was down right cold!
Photobucket

Wearing:
*Red corduroy blazer-Old Navy
*Black t-shirt-Target
*White scarf-Old Navy
*Blue skinny jeans-Uniqlo
*Brown suede boots-Carlos Santana
*Brown wooden earrings-H&M


If I thought today was chilly after work, whatever shall I wear come Friday??? The high temp is only 49degrees! I'm a bit excited actually! Bring on the coats (now, which one to wear?)!!!!

9 comments:

alya said...

Aw, now, don't hate on Old Navy. Sometimes they have that little something in there that, when paired with better quality stuff, really works! Case in point, your own jacket. :)

UnoCosa said...

girl, you are just too cooollll ..... xoxo

jane st. clair said...

i would have never guessed your jacket was from old navy. it doesn't look old navy-ish at all!

i'm excited/afraid of the cold. we're going to have a cold day tomorrow too, so we'll see how i do.

i've tried a sample of the matte bare minerals (i got one for free at sephora!), and i like it. i probably won't shell out the extra $$ for it b/c the regular suits me fine too, but it's nice. it does seem to have a smoother finish. i hope you like it!

Natalie Suarez said...

cute! u've got great style, will be back to visit your blog! :)

xoxo

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

FashionJazz said...

Hey sweets!! Im luving ur post and ur style!! I am glad the weather seems to be settling by you, with us the one day its warm, the next day is really cold- I give up! Thanks for the stunning comment u left on Cocos feature : )

Chat soon

xxx

Isquisofrenia said...

omg girl, i want all your coats and boots, you have such a good taste for this kind of things!!!!

Anonymous said...

omg! I want both those coats! I would NEVER in a million years guess that coat was from Old Navy, but you know Old Navy does have a way of surprising you. I got a teal peacoat there last Xmas and I just love it. Who knew? LOL

xoxo
Amy
thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

P.S. Thanks for following my blog. It means so much to me. I love yours! :)

missDTM said...

chica, it is WAY too cold here in ny right as i type this. i am depressed--where was the warm weather?!? how come i never got to wear my cute dress?!? UGHHHH totally depressed.

i love halloween too...best time of the year!

love your outfits though...great great great fall stuff you have!

Sherin said...

I'm loving both your looks. The coat from the first outfit and the blazer from the second outfit both look great!