Friday, January 1, 2010

It's 2010!



First of all, Happy New Year everyone!


This is such a botched together post, but I NEEDED to put this out there because who, just who, does not do a New Year's post????
(For one, I'm a moron and had the manual focus switched on, not the auto focus, and then proceeded to have no time for a redo when it came to my NYE outfit shots. F*&%$!!!
And secondly, I wanted to document the entire evening's festivities w/lots of photos, lots of holiday style, and lots of fun....but a just before midnight trip to the emergency room meant my camera was a no go)

Photobucket
Wearing:
*Black velvet bolero-Sassoon (vintage)
*Black chiffon scarf-H&M
*Purple sequin mini dress-Express
*Black peeptoe booties-Steve Madden
*Black opaque tights-HUE
Photobucket
This poor little purple dress has hung in my closet for years....like 3-4years! Never worn!!
I had found it on super SALE at Express, something like $20, so I never felt all that bad about not wearing it; moreso just guilty that I yet again purchased something I didn't even use--frivolous spending be gone (something I could only aspire to)!

For whatever reasons I never wore it, mainly because it was always a little too tacky, a little too shiny, and perhaps a little too snug at times (oh the difference a few pounds can make, and the perils of being a junk food junkie), but somehow last night it fit alright, and all that glitz seemed appropriate for a New Year's Eve house party (BTW Joe, great party...if you're reading this--thanks for the invite).

And thus, my New Year's outfit was born.
_________________________________________

PS-my only resolution for 2010 is to sit down and read my entire camera manual so I'm not such a fool when it comes to simple tasks like "focusing". DUUUUUHHHHH!


Hope your 2010 is a good one!

5 comments:

Second Skin said...

Oh DANG! Blasted new camera with fancy settings!! And whats all this about the emergency room!!

Spacely Peniro said...

lol i dont want to see another blurry pic from u lol. good look for new years!

Paint it Black said...

lol great outfit even if a little blurry and I love your boots. I am going to get myself booked onto a beginners course of how to use a digital camera as the manual confuses me even more xoxo

jane st. clair said...

i love the sparkley goodness of this dress. good luck with your resolution, and i hope the ER trip turned out okay. :/

xo!

Alexandra said...

Oh that purple sparkly dress has LOVE written all over it for me. Haha. By the way, I've been loving your tweets about all your sleeping- because that's precisely what I've been doing since New Years Eve, more or less!!!