Saturday, July 16, 2011

Daily Wear: This Chick is Toast!

Last Thursday I went to the Brooklyn Bridge Park for a FREE outdoor movie.
These events require my friends and I (uh-hem, I mean the Downtown Dolls to be exact, er...actually one of the Doll's BFs in our case-Thanks MATT!) to get there wayyyyyy in advance to scope out prime real estate for our blankets and viewing needs.  When I say, "wayyyyyy in advance", we're talking like 2.5hrs before the movie even starts (I mean look here, the movie started around 8:45pm, this is 6:45pm below...and I could only fit about 1/16 of the crowd into my camera's scope...WOAH!)
Ghostbusters @ BK Bridge park
The movie at hand was none other than one of the most classic films of 1984, "GHOSTBUSTERS"!

So I took my bell-bottom wearin' self, with my gang vest on, and popped a squat on a grassy knoll with an angled view of the screen.  It worked, and it was the best we could do for watching...but I'm not complaining.
IMG_5690
Friends were there, as mentioned...some arrived early, some arrived late.  Mel arrived in her new summertime WHITE gang vest...ooh-lala; I'm jealous actually! (first time for everything, as jealousy towards friends does not arise much out of me)
IMG_5689
Snacks galore were there for the taking...I was partial to our friend Matt's plethora of goodness.  He brought popcorn (took it upon himself to pop 3 bags of stovetop popcorn because he must know we girls have hearty appetites), Peanut M&Ms, granola bars...lets just say it was a way better selection than some crappy "popcorn chip" I picked up at my local grocer...I should've known there was a reason mine were 2 for $4.00.  I fell for a sale! Of course I did.
IMG_5686
And speaking of food...it reminds me of what I said to myself this morning as I made my breakfast, only because I told the gang at the movie I was going to say this...maybe I think its the best line in the movie by far,
"THIS CHICK IS TOAST!!!!" 


So peace-out yo...

have a great weekend and nevermind this scatterbrained movie post; I'm off to a music festival; check back for the Weekend Rewind on that schizzzzzniz!
IMG_5691
Wearing:
*Ivory printed silk blouse-F21
*Denim bell bottoms-Gap
*Denim vest-DIY gang vest 
*Sunnies-Foster Grant
*Fringe purse-H&M

2 comments:

Teddi said...

what a fantastic sleeve your girl has. someone's BF sounds like a sweetie. i'm digging your blouse!

http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

Alexandra said...

Oooh really loving Mel's white vest. (I think the leopard print got me)