Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy Birthday (so what I'm late)...AMERICA!

Happy Birthday America!!!!!  July 4th, 1776--You're 235 yrs young!  So in true American "fashion", I took my butt down to the tip of Brooklyn, any guesses just where I went?
IMG_5606
I'll give you 3...3 clues, just look at these pictures and you'll know how I roll on the 4th of July!
IMG_5608
Yeah that's right...my friends and I went to the annual Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest...and it was rad as all get-out!
I've been once before, but this year I enjoyed it immensely!  It was America in all its finest glory, hotdogs, brews, sunshine, and Americans just being American!  What more can you ask for?
IMG_5578IMG_5568
Being that I used to be a HUGE carnivore back in the day, I haven't quite given up those ways so I ate a hotdog, why not?  It was really really good!

And I saw a man on stilts, oh wait, that's Uncle Sam, right?
IMG_5583
I also had to witness some very questionable acrobatics, not sure these "pure" eyes should've been privy to that view...eek!
IMG_5588
And of course...who are we not to hit up the beer garden?  Especially when its a shithole sandpit called "Beer Island"?? um, amazing!
Jess-BeerIsland
And what would you expect me to wear on such a holiday as the 4th of July?  Last year I wore a cropped top American flag tee, so this year I simply could not do that again...instead I went just for the "rock'n out at the beach, on the 4th of july" look--by that I mean, trashy as possible.

If you've ever been to southern indiana during the summertime, this is something similar to what you'd find at this thing called "Thunder on the Ohio"--believe me, I was channeling my Indiana roots with these cut-offs for sure!
beerisland
Boy oh boy...did I bring the heat to the beach!  Is it hot in here, or is it just me???
bahahahahaahaha, um more like the sun was like someone opened a screendoor to hell if we wanna talk "heat"...I got some sun, it was freakin hot out there, i'd hope i got some color.

Regardless, with a lyric like this on the back of my vintage Poison tshirt, I'm going to bet I brought some higher temps with me as I walked too and fro.
poison
So whatever you found yourself doing for the 4th, I hope it was fun.  I hope you got to kick back, relax, and enjoy some ice cold beverages of whatever sort you prefer.  Throw in a hotdog here and there...and that's a damn fine 4th of July.

America, I'm just gonna say..."you're birthday rocks my socks!"  Wait, I'm not wearing socks...
Nickie-BeerIsland
Wearing:
*Vintage concert tshirt-thrift store
*DIY cut-offs-GAP
*Sunglasses-Foster Grant
*wedges-Target

5 comments:

Teddi said...

oh that whole post was a riot! "eek, sandpit called beer island, & screen door to hell." ha-ha! please tell me you've seen poison in concert? check

Natalie said...

Your poison top is TDF! I loveddddd that band in the 80's!!!

Looks like you had a good time.
I have two giveaways going on right now...go check em out when you have time.

Natalie
http://thejazzyspot.blogspot.com

Poppsiecoq said...

who needs fireworks when a girl like you is strolling the boardwalk...

Curves Ahead lifestyle blogger said...

Wow nothing to be jealous of girlie your look like you had a amazing time !!! Hot dogs beer and talk dirty to me t !!!!! Come on you had a awesome 4th

Thanks for stopping by my blog Hun new follower here

Meagan said...

I would kill for that t-shirt. Amazing.
-Meagan
http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com