Saturday, August 29, 2009

What I've been up to....

It's been several days, where have I been???


Well.....Thursday I got my hair trimmed--FINALLY!  No more overgrown side bangs and fried layers.  I can see and my hair is healthy again :)
Hair,Hairstyle,haircut
Wore:
*Gray t-shirt-H&M
*Gold necklace-Forever 21
*Skinny Black/Gold belt-Forever 21
*Skinny jeans (not shown)-Uniqlo
and in this photo-no shoes were worn.

Friday I went to work.  It was rainy all day--Damn you Hurricane Danny!  The hair goes back to looking a bit crazy.
Since rain was in the forecast, I wanted to dress comfy in something that would remain casual and cool looking even though I turn into a rag-a-muffin mess.  
From work I went to the movies
-Inglorious Basterds was the flick of choice-WONDERFUL!  Brad Pitt just placed himself back on top of my fave actor list (yes, I've had an ongoing crush along with everyone else, since I was in 7th grade and saw him in Thelma and Louise)
Work Outfit,movies,boots,Steve Madden,Old Navy,Urban Outfitters,Uniqlo
Wore:
*Cream floral print dress-Kimchi and Blue (Urban Outfitters)
*Skinny jeans-Uniqlo
*Brown Boots-Steve Madden
*Ivory printed scarf-Old Navy

And this morning (Saturday) was greeted with more rain and errands I just simply could put off no longer.  I knew if I got up and showered it would become a whole day ordeal of me getting ready (I dilly-dally around FOREVER in front of the mirror before I leave the house on weekends), so I threw on my trusty cap (hardly ever do I go for something like this, so not me), put on some boots to sashay past the rain, and got my stuff done.
Saturday Outfit,errands,hat,Uniqlo,Anne Klein,Forever 21,Bass Pro Shoppe
My fresh out of bed, hurry off down the road outfit includes:
*Black long sleeve tee-Forever 21
*Skinny Jeans-Uniqlo
*Black boots-Anne Klein
*Green baseball cap (says, "Lucky Hunting Cap")-Bass Pro Shoppe (yes, I shop there w/my dad)

And now you're caught up on my past few days.  Nothing too exciting.

I am now off to the shower to get my weekend started--tonight is my best fashion school pal's last weekend as a single lady!  Next weekend her fiance makes an honest woman of her!  I guess you could say it's a bit of a "Girls night out"/very informal bachlorette party.
Hmmm.....for dinner, drinks, then go knows what--dancing probably, should I go with a cute cocktail type dress, or something casual?  What and whom do I want to be tonight?  


4 comments:

Kristin said...

This is like my weekend uniform....I toss on a hat every Saturday and Sunday morning, whether it is rainy or not (I am sooo lazy when it comes to my hair)!

I can imagine it is a bit more difficult in New York when it is raining...I never realized how much walking is done there! I think I would be in much better shape if I lived there!

UnoCosa said...

haha... i love love this "pass-few-day" run-down ... can't wait to see your hair :-) btw: Inglorious Basterds is absolutely the movie of the year for me - so stylish - unlike anything i've seen lately - i was mostly taken by character of the Nazi officer (don't recall his name) .. but boy,. was he not the one of the greatest actor - and go to watch "district 9" - another must-see this week.... enjoy your weekend, darling - you looked gorgeous in all outfits, xoxo

FESI-NOIR said...

I like the dress!

jane st. clair said...

your haircut looks fab. i especially love your bangs. you must have an awesome stylist. i also adore your elephant shirt. happy weekend, lady.
xo!