Saturday, December 5, 2009

Haute Mess of Holiday Songs


The Bargain Hunter Extraordinaire gave me an award; Thanks!
She actually had two awards on her blog at one time, and combined them into one list; so when nominated by her, I kinda just took the one I liked better.
Is that Wrong?

So, while I may not be "Haute"-there's no disputing a "mess"


By now we all know the drill--7 facts about me, then nominate 7 fabulous bloggers.
Well I'm on a big holiday kick right now, so I spent the majority of my day downloading more music to add to my Christmas Spectacular playlist--currently going strong at 61 songs!  
So, let's shake this up a bit, I've got nothing interesting for you other than my 

7 Guiltless Pleasures of Today's Holiday Song Downloading :
(in no particular order)

1. Anyone that knows me should not be surprised, "Blue Christmas"=fabulous!

2.I I bought my first and last Mariah Carey song.  But c'mon who's going to argue with me?
"All I Want for Christmas is You" is a CLASSIC

3. WHAM! "Last Christmas", seriously!

4. Move over MADGE, Eartha Kitt's rendition of "Santa Baby" is sooooo much better!

5.  No surprise here--The Boss, singin' "Santa Clause is Coming to Town"
6. Jon Bon Jovi's "Please Come home for Christmas"--you thought his hair was outta control in the 80s, but WTF is going on here?  And Cindy Crawford!!!!

7. A quintessential MUST on any holiday playlist--
1964's "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree"

Later, I'll come back and add on my 7 blogger nominees...weeheeeeeeee!


3 comments:

Shes Dressing Up said...

I think Christmas songs may be my ultimate guilty pleasure, especially Mariah's AIWFCIY! Im impressed you've downloaded 61!

THE DIVINITUS said...

Yay! Congrats on your award!

jane st. clair said...

you can make me a christmas mix tape anytime. i love these songs! i'd only add bing crosby singing mele kalikimaka.
xo