Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Daily Wear: Here Comes Your Man

IMG_0460
I stepped into this flirty, feminine little dress today with that girl's shock at me being a girl still stuck in my brain.  I thought to myself, (while humming "Here Comes Your Man")....TAKE THAT GIRL!  Who's the Man NOW?  I Certainly Am NOT!
Heck yeah....this dress can make anyone feel super girly...its frilly, likes to blow up much to my dismay when a breeze comes along, and its just uber fun!  All the things that a dress should be!
7/27/10
It's kinda of funny when you know that I tried to wear this on Sunday.  I walked my bike to the bike shop to get the tire fixed (yep, 3rd flat tire in a little over a year, and I've only ridden it twice!  thanks again Topshop and Chictopia....you rule at giving away awesome prizes!--sarcasm btw) and by the time I got there I was getting all hot and sweaty right where I belted it...ewwww, no thanks!
I came home after the bike shop and promptly put on my cut-offs and a tank top (boring weekend style,but much more comfy for the heat, humdity and later on, RAIN).
Sooooooo......since I only kinda wore it for less than an hour on Sunday I thought today would be the perfect day to try again.  I was looking to gain back my girly status after yesterday's masculine look, and it was really the dose of cuteness I was lacking in the past few days' attire.  It worked out swimmingly this time around-no hot outdoor activity, just me-my desk-and some office cold-ass Air Conditioning! (A.K.A. no sweat rings where the belt is--ewwww again)
IMG_0506
Besides loving the dress for its Black/White pallate which I'm very very fond of for summer attire; I also really love the hemline of the dress.  The printed top layer skirt does a little high-low action, higher on the sides-letting the black underlayer peek out.  Oh and don't even get me started on the fullness of the skirt-so darling at its length, I felt like twirling around and flipping it with my arms as I hit my stride across the concrete jungle.  (Ok, not going to lie, I did walk with extra flippiness in my arm swing today...its just something with this dress, pretty sure it was almost necessary that I kinda kick it up and flip it around as I swung my arms, no?)
IMG_0494

IMG_0473
And of course, with any black/white ensemble its perfect to pair it with a pop of color somewhere along the lines.  So in with the accessory and the burst of color!  (Thanks again Coach, I do love my Poppy bag)
Oh and speaking of accessories, just how many of you have this octopus in some form of jewelry somewhere in your stash?  I think everyone and their mother owns this octopus--shoot, I've got him in a pair of earrings too!
Summer Sundress
Wearing:
*Black/white sundress-Buffalo Exchange
*Orange leather tote-Coach
*Black leather sandals-Topshop
*Octupus necklace-somewhere in Tremont (Cleveland area)


__________________________________
Super STOKED!  Tomorrow is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Time!!!!!!  Woot Woot!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm really enjoying that you paired orange with this black & white color combo, rather than the traditional red!

I'm so jealous that you get to see Tom Petty! I've been in love with his music for about the last 15 years... it's a shared obsession between my father and I.

Also, a side note: I can't think of your post title without thinking of The Pixies and the adorable Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing "Here Comes Your Man" in "(500) Days of Summer" at karaoke! (But to me, that makes the song even better!)

Paint it Black said...

Gorgeous outfit and I am totally in love with your heels and the pop of colour is great lovely bag btw xoxo

the_ed said...

I love the black & white dress! And how the orange bag & super chunky heels add a bit of modern/urban pizazz, too. Sadly, I do not own any octopus jewelry. (in fact, I haven't been to Tremont lately either. Maybe I'll go once the heat wave here dies down...so like, in September, lol.)

Isquisofrenia said...

i need to get me a dress as pretty as this one and im sorry ive meaning to tell you thank you for the message the other day
and yes i will count on you =)
and thank you thank you for always commenting
your the best
you you gorgeous new york girl
x0!

Kim said...

I have no idea how it took me this long to find this site. I love NY. I hate Summer and love Fall. You're totally hot with an insanely great sense of style. Blogs like this make me thankful for the internet.