Monday, August 23, 2010

Chromeo, Kids, and the Downtown Dolls

Sorry, too busy for weekend outfits...that's what happens when you officially start up your girl gang, The Downtown Dolls!
(get a jumpstart on what's good, and start following The Dolls HERE)
IMG_0823
And you take your gang to a free Chromeo concert!!!  Darn good performers, I tell ya!  I couldn't stop with the Fancy Footwork
chromeo
Doesn't hurt when there's special guests like Kid Sister too...now I'll admit I never had listened to her, but I always meant to.  I read and hear a lot about her in the likes of Bust and Nylon magazines.  Pretty OK stuff, I will admit I was scufflin' my feet a little to her too.
Kid Sister
And of course, most of my weekend was spent with Lil' Man and his mama...watching a kid is some pretty tough stuff.  I don't know how you moms do it 24/7...he wore me out!
IMG_0812

So yep, no Weekend Rewind--this IS the weekend in a nutshell.  I've got high hopes and big plans for the Downtown Dolls' though...lots of tough girl fashion statements to be made for sure.  Lots of sneers, lip curls, and fire being spit from our tongues--because yeah, we're just that tough!

Ok ok, back to Wild as a Mink now...its feeling like Fall outside, maybe cause there's something like 29days left till Autumn!  Woot Woot!  So maybe I'll whip up some sorta summer/fall hybrid of an outfit this week and toss it on up on this here bloggy blog.  Come back soon.

3 comments:

Isquisofrenia said...

how did you find me in facebok?hahhah
so weird, anyways girl this photo of you is so punk and the little kid looks so badass
more attitude than other kids
i love it!!!

The Village Idiot said...

that lil boy is a cute lil hipster in the making!

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

omg, that little girl is adorable and badass all at once. hysterical.

xoxo, Ashley