Sunday, January 10, 2010

FAVE RAVE: Marcia Brady

I've always been a fan of the Brady Bunch, particularly due in part to Marcia's style
--it was always my favorite.

I used to watch it in syndication around the time I was in junior high, that's when I first took notice. But it wasn't until about the age of 16 that I REALLY started to desire the contents of Marcia's closet. Even though that was the mid-nineties for me, I knew owning something like she had on would just make my life "so much more exciting and bright"

(CUTE DRESS ALERT!!!! )


Although it can be argued, Jan certainly gave Marcia a run for her money style-wise as the series came to an end. But c'mon, from the start, Marcia had a covetable wardrobe:
As for Cindy and the boys,
The verdict is still out.

(and from personal experience, I can tell you Greg Brady needs to dress A LOT better before he can act like the jerk he was the day I met him, and let's keep this in mind--I obviously did not meet him when he was cool; see above-where I mention "watching in syndication.")

Regardless, it's possible that after my little trip to Buffalo Exchange (a consignment shop in a nutshell for those not familiar) today, I can give Marsha a run for her money too!


Looks like I just need a belt and there you have it!
Although, sorry Marcia, I like my dress better.


It's certainly going to be a "SUNSHINE DAY" this summer when I wear my new cute dress.
So tell me, which one of you is having the backyard BBQ? I'd love to come over!

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

You come to Bloomington and we'll MAKE you a BBQ. haha. Love the dress. And thank you for the room compliments!!! It was mostly thrown together with the cheapest furniture I could find and decor I already had, but I was pretty happy with how it turned out!!!

Kelley Anne said...

Cute! I love the dress...and the Brady Bunch aesthetic, especially Marcia's. I just went to Buffalo Exchange for the first time last week.

Isquisofrenia said...

i love when they have the marathons for those shows
i always stay in my jammies and watch them all day long !!
nice score!!

Annie, Time Enough for Drums said...

That dress is adorable! I love Buffalo Exchange. Annie.